I’m a freelance copywriter living in the university community of Chapel Hill, North Carolina. It’s a fun place to live, and I love the work I do.
My practice combines strategic processes, creative thinking, and an expansive digital marketing skill set developed over many years in the business. Basically, I believe content should provide value to your audience. That’s what matters most.
It should also help you meet specific, clearly defined business goals. If you agree, we should talk.
Over the years, I’ve helped companies like:
- The Attachmate Group
Before absconding to the freelance life, I led marketing campaigns at Vertafore, an enterprise technology company focused on the insurance vertical. I also taught writing classes at a community college in Atlanta and English as a Second Language at a high school in Santa Elena, Ecuador.
Additional accomplishments include:
- Going freelance full time in March of 2011 after initially writing copy as a side gig
- Running my business remotely for two years while living out of a backpack and traveling through twelve different countries (thanks, Skype!)
- Experiencing the chaos of long-term freelance projects at four digital marketing agencies – and living to tell the tale
- Failing to make any money with multiple (admittedly longshot) business concepts and having to start over from scratch
- Conquering my performance anxiety and mustering the nerve to stand in front of an audience and talk for several hours each day
When I’m not wrangling content for clients, you’ll find me cooking aromatic Indian food with my wife, Amy, playing peek-a-boo with my son, Ira (born March 2015!), reading real books printed on bona-fide dead trees, or pedaling furiously down country roads in Lycra shorts and a colorful cycling jersey.
Did I mention I’m a sucker for dark chocolate? 70% or higher cacao FTW.